pour mes amis, ma famille et mon chien !

un petit blog sympa pour tenir la France informee de ce qui se passe ici en Angleterre..pas toujours tout rose, mais on fait avec ! Alala ces anglais, pas etonnant qu'on ait ete ennemis hereditaires pendant de siecles !

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

New jOb ...


I've made my mind, i'm so quitting this job ! Not that I don't like working as a check-in agent, I do enjoy it, but I'm done with the way I'm being treated by the managment there.
It's been 7 months I'm working there - without a contract, some people arrived after got their contract straight away, and earn now 200 pounds more every month than I do. It's just SO not fair ! Plus, being still with the agency means I can lose my job whenever they decide they don't need me anymore, and I just can't cope with that anymore.
TJ found me this advert in the papers about a company named Reliance Security, they offer permanent contracts for security officers, with a really good salary. So I filled the application without thinking they would get back to me... but they did !
About five days ago, a woman named Vicki phoned me, said that they went through my application and that they had a vacancy at Stansted Aiport for me, Air Cargo side, for FedEx.
Monday morning 10 am I was there, I met this guy called Terry, very nice bloke, he showed me around the buildings and explained to me what the job will be like : guarding the aircrafts when they unload and load it with the packets, checking on the FedEx staff, making sure no one steals nothing, checking on the cameras, well, security job in short. Not hard work, good pay, loads of time to read and study when nothing to do, which is just perfect for me.
I was still hesitating yesterday, but what happened at work made me change my mind : I'm SO leaving this job and this team ! My manager came down to my desk to give me my vouchers for last month, I asked if I could get those of Dorothy, my french friend who left the job recently and asked me to take her vouchers since she won't be coming back. But Sharon not only refused to give them to me, she also said she doesn't know about my Argos vouchers, the ones I earned in July and still have no news of. She said : go to the office, and of course when I went there, it was closed, and anyway I bet they don't have them.
It's now four months I'm waiting for them, and I would like to buy presents for Xmas with them. i was told I would get them before Christmas, but not going to happen apparently !
At least, with the new job, no more relying on vouchers to buy stuff, I'll get about one and half more than I get at the moment so I don't need vouchers anymore !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home